Wild Mushrooms & Truffles
Fresh Cep from Turkey has arrived into our offices this afternoon; they are much cleaner and smaller than what we have seen from Europe this season. We hope to exhaust our Turkish suppliers before switching to South Africa to finish the year.
Small Girolles are now coming from Lithuania; the size will increase throughout the month until the European season concludes and we switch to the America to finish the year.
Fresh Trompette is as rare and thin on the ground; we are finding small quantities on a sporadic basis, until cooler, wetter weather sets in, but this is reflected in the price.
Scotland is struggling with Girolles, Chanterelle & Pied de Mouton as temperatures remain too high. Follow us on twitter to keep up to date with the latest Scottish mushroom movements.
Due to a difficult wild mushroom season, our Wild and Cultivated mushroom mix will contain
- King Oyster
- Pied Bleu
Our subterranean friends are suffering a little for the same reasons as the surface dwelling fungi; we would recommend calling the office on a daily basis for prices on white and black Autumn Italian truffles.
We are pleased to introduce our new Caviar line from the Shah Caviar house; to launch the new line we have an introductory offer to let you try the new range and different species of roe available before the celebratory festive period swings in.
The various species of roe are all available in 30g or 50g tins and are available with two days notice. For more information on the range available see below.
We have all tried it in the office and our honest opinion is that caviar is the very best and competitively priced.
Pheasants now in to complete our full Game offering including:
- Roe Deer
- Wood Pigeon
Seasonal & Foraged Produce
These updates barely touch our produce range, let alone the other exciting categories which sail through our premises here on the market but here are a few seasonal lines, which we will be happily passing on to you this week.
- Sea Vegetables: Sea Aster, Sea Purslane, Sea Beet
- Sea Buckthorn
- Sloes & Rose-hips
- Crab Apples
- Aubergines: Striped, Italian round aubergines and mixed coloured varieties available
- Castel Franco
- Crosnes (a.k.a. Japanese Artichokes)
- Artichokes: baby bunches, Poivrade and Globe varieties available
- Roots & Tubers: Jerusalem Artichokes, Chervil and Parsley root, Salsify, Horseradish
- Beetroot: Adult and baby varieties – golden, candied and purple and adult crapaudine beetroot
- Black Cabbage
- Fresh Borlotti and Coco Beans
- Heritage adult and baby carrots available in purple, yellow, white and orange colours
- Cauliflower: Purple and yellow coloured cauliflowers and Romanesco
- Swiss & Rainbow Chard
- Round & Yellow Courgettes
- English Pea Shoots
- Fresh Chestnuts and Walnuts
- Grelot Onions
- Ratte & Vitelotte Purple Potatoes
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli
- Apples: Discovery, Cox, Russell and Royal Gala
- Sharon Fruit (a.k.a Kaki Fruit or Persimmons)
- Pears: Red Bartlett, Comice, Conference and William
- Plums: Bullace, Yellow
- Leafy citrus fruits: Lemons, Oranges, Clementine and Mandarins
- White Peaches
- Runner Beans
As ever a big thanks to Lou at Wild Harvest:
Wild Harvest Ltd
Units B61-64 New Covent Garden Market